Sunday 7 February 2010

An Ode to Artemis.

Who are you Artemis?
A reverie in the midst of madness?
A Shangri-La, I need to escape with my breath intact?
Do you exist as a distortion of reality,
a fictional rendering in my mind's eye
created to cope within this cocoon of self?
Almost an elusive dream I can’t seem to wake up from.
Will you clip my wings before you push me off the abyss?
I met you once and I've fallen for your notions
one kiss from you and I'm drunk up on your potion...
For I knew the signs, yet was unsure of what to expect.
And when the clouds push apart
to let the light descend in your presence,
I know I must have done something right to deserve this.
Release me from my smoke filled obsession,
for the murky alveoli call out to me.
Time will tell.
All I know is this.
Things have a way of falling into place.

1 comment: