Tuesday 5 January 2010

Typical...stereotypical that is...

I left the country to study and people congratulated me on it. I thought it was because I was on my path to higher education. Hardly the case. In retrospect it seems some of them were cheering me for leaving all the mess behind and moving on. It seems Bombs and Pakistan go hand in hand these days.
Typical...stereotypical that is...
I fit the bill for the ultimate terrorist these days. And it scares me. Not in the keeps-me-up-all-night way but in the stay-away-from-anything-remotely Islamic-for-fear-of-gitmo-bay. Like societies in university and although juma is customary in a mosque an Arab friend of mine wont go near one even if you kept a sheesha in there…allow me to explain, I am in my twenties, a student from Pakistan, Muslim and the icing on the cake * drum roll* a Pashtun(of which I’m very proud although not like the Nazis’ of the Aryan race but more along the lines of turtle loving his shell. The turtle did nothing to shape it, or ask to be born with it but just happy because it makes him tough as nails or slow, hey the analogy finally fits!!)
If they can shoot a Brazilian in the back for carrying a backpack (Brazilians gave us the carnival and the hot women with bronze skin and cute girls with dreamy accents called Paula who could turn me into a bumbling idiot) they will take me down before I can say Chinatown. Because I am a Muslim (as opposed to Brazilians we gave new meanings to the words suicide, bomb and whipping women. Even though I have never set foot inside a maderssa, I don’t want to be dragged out like Mclovin from superbad. Cool as it might be I could potentially be held for x amount of time with no formal charge. Yes ladies and gentlemen, the pioneers of human rights(USofA and UK) can now hold you for terrorism, without charging you or granting bail but for “interrogation” for up to 90 and 26 days respectively. I think its called the Patriot* act in America and the internment* act in the UK (*don’t quote me on this)

On another note, China executed a British man for drug smuggling. The details at this point are sketchy but china just showed Britain the finger. And the queen’s got her panties in a twist because they executed one of her subjects. What a bunch of fucking hypocrites.

No comments:

Post a Comment